Friday, January 6, 2012

Jenna said she liked me, that she didn't want me to be evil.

(two boys from mid 90's walk down high school hallways conversing with each other. A has a red baseball cap on backwards with a plaid long sleeved shirt on. His back pack is hanging on one arm and he is waering ripped jeans. B is wearing black and green. It's the end of the school day and the bells have just rung. Students bustling to get out. Energy)


Boy: Hey A! What's up?

A:Whats up dude? Hows it going? (high fives him. camera follows A & B almost circling them til they reach there destination)

(a beat)
A: Keep going.

B: But I feel like I'm letting people down. I feel like I could be a role model.

A: You? A role model? How can you be a role model when you're following what someone else wants you to do?

B: But, I'm afraid. To be me.

A: Why?

B: Because, because I'm evil. If I let myself out, who knows what will happen.

(stop by a locker to put the code in)

A: Look. You're going to make mistakes. There's no telling about that. But If you don't make mistakes, you'll never find out who you are. (opens locker door and starts putting books in) Hey, I'm not gonna lie. People might hate you. But you'll like yourself for who you are. Every great person has gone through this. You're not alone. (backpack over shoulder) Trust me.
(slams locker door)

A: See you tomorrow.
(a shot of A walking away)


(Camera zooms out in hallway, B Center, standing there)

No comments:

Post a Comment